Well -- whew! It's been a long week I think I had an appointment somewhere each day this week - but I'm happy to report that I have an extension to my tourist visa. Thanks for your prayers! God has certainly been at work this week! I'm thankful for the people that helped get me to different offices and spoke on my behalf to get all the right paperwork in order. It was stressful standing by and hearing conversations back and forth in Portuguese and not understanding, but knowing by the tone of voice, facial expressions, and body language that things weren't quite in order. Yesterday afternoon (after paying some fees of course!) I received a sticker in my passport that gives me permission to stay until mid December when my flight leaves for Rochester! The next thing to pray for is that I'll be able to enter again in Januaary without any problems since I've technically already spent my 90 days.
The other exciting news is that my roommate Gina and I decided to go to Ireland for our Thanksgiving break. Gina found some cheap airplane tickets on a direct flight from Lisbon to Dublin - so we'll be there for about 4 days! I'm excited to have the chance to travel there and we're both glad that the language will be English! If anyone has any travel tips for places to go/see in Dublin I'm all ears!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Glad it all worked out and hopefully it will all come together smoothly for January. WOW have a great time in Ireland!!! Can't wait to hear all about it. I would love to go there someday!
ReplyDelete