Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

I was so glad to have Allison here for a visit. She is always tons of fun to be around and makes me laugh. I enjoyed our adventures in Madeira and then having the chance to show her around Cascais and Lisbon. We got to go to church with the Santos family on Easter. Marcia was leading a choir that the boys and Pedro all sang in. It was a beautiful day with blue skies and sunshine to celebrate Resurrection Sunday. I love this time of year - spring, with flowers coming up and trees in bloom. The reminders of new life are all around and I'm thankful for the new life I have because of Jesus death on the cross for my sins. What a blessing to celebrate Easter knowing that I serve a Risen Savior.

The day's celebration continued with a 13th birthday party for Daniel. Allison and I helped Marcia prepare the birthday dinner and enjoyed eating, playing games, and laughing together. I'm so thankful for the Santos family - they're my family away from home!

Allison's flight left from Lisbon at 6:15 am so she had an early morning and a long day of flights. Lisbon - Munich - Washington - Rochester. Hopefully she's arrived back in the states now to catch her final flight to Rochester.

No comments:

Post a Comment