

I've been in Portugal for one week. The time has gone by quickly, but I've gotten a lot of things done. I have successfully gone grocery shopping, walked to and from school, done laundry, and used the gas oven. It's funny how the normal everyday things that I wouldn't have thought twice about before now feel like huge accomplishments for me! Our stove/oven is very small and tempermental (so I'm told). You have to light the burners as well as the oven with a match and there is no labeled temperature knob. If you know me I love cooking so I was worried that it might not go well. But I've made zuchinni bread and pizza that turned out so far.
The bad news I got this week as that my visa was denied. I'm not sure exactly why it was denied, possibly because I had requested my passport to be mailed back to me so I could fly to Portugal. The NY consulate may have wanted to pass off the responsibility since I'd left NY and am now in Portugal. Who knows...I'll have to go through the process from here. That will be on my to do list this week to find out more information!


Yum the pizza looks great! Hope everything works out with your visa...I will be praying!
ReplyDelete