Well - my 3rd week of school is behind me. As each week passes I'm feeling more and more like I'm getting the hang of things. I'm still adjusting to the various levels in my classroom and prepping/teaching two separate lessons for math and spelling/vocab. I'm getting to know my student's personalities and more about them as each day passes. I've started teaching piano lessons to one boy at school. He's in first grade and very excited to learn. His dad is the school secretary/administrator and knew that I was musical. He asked if I'd consider teaching his son Alex. I agreed since he was a beginner. I may have 2 more potential students, the daughters of other teachers. This is a new experience for me - but it's fun to get a little extra spending money on the side.
After church this morning we had a potluck dinner. I decided to bring an apple pie along. I had fun making that yesterday. It turned out pretty well and I think people enjoyed it because I brought back an almost empty pan! It was a good time of fellowship and a chance to get to know some people better. The weather was so beautiful that I decided to go off on my own adventure this afternoon. Down at the bottom of the hill, where the larger grocery store is (Jumbo) is the beach and marina. Since arriving in Portugal I've never stepped foot on the beach and decided this afternoon was the time. I geared up for the 20 minute walk down and took a towel, book, my camera, and a water bottle along. The water is a bit chilly, but it was fun to walk along the beach and then just sit and read for a little while. I enjoyed a walk along the edge which twists and turns with the coast line. It was a beautiful afternoon as you can see in the pictures. The train station is also at the bottom of the hill and runs along the coast. It was a great way to spend the afternoon and fun to see some new things that were within walking distance. I've included a few pictures below.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










Amazing photos! I hope you're soaking this all in - what an experience! I can't believe you've already been teaching for three weeks there. How fun that you're giving piano lessons! I just picked apples tonight, so we'll be making apple pies very soon here too. :)
ReplyDeleteLooks beautiful!!! And on a rainy day here in Rochester, I am a little jealous! Sounds like the piano lessons is a great idea too!
ReplyDelete