Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Week of School!

I survived my first two days of teaching. Two of my nine students won't be in class till Monday of next week. I won't think about trying to catch them up yet! My students were SO quiet on Tuesday I had to work to get answers out of them. It was hard to read them and know if they were enjoying the day or not. I do have an inside source (Marcia's son Daniel) - according to her he had a great day and is looking forward to the year. I'm sure I get some extra points for being his friend already! :O) My classroom is actually in the church auditorium which means my office is in another room. I felt so disorganized Tuesday since I made tons of trips to my office to get things I'd forgotten - white board markers and erasers, textbooks, pencils, paper....I'm sure I'll have the routine down soon enough, but I felt kinda out of it yesterday. Today I was a bit more organized with all my teacher books. Each Friday and Monday we have to move all the desks, chairs, boards, and my stuff into the office. I caught myself at lunch today feeling like it was 4pm and time to go home. Tomorrow will be the first full day - I'm sure I'll feel tired at the end. I keep forgetting to take my camera to school, but I promise to get some pictures of my room and office up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment