It's been a busy 2 weeks! I was so thankful for the opportunity to fly home during my Christmas break. My flight went smoothly and was not affected by the east coast snow storms since I flew in and out of Chicago. I left Rochester in the middle of a snow storm Sunday morning and am amazed at how the planes are able to cope with the snow, cold temps, and blizzard-like conditions. I arrived back in Portugal on Monday about noon without any problems. I still have to report in to the office in town and will get more information about the next steps to take with my visa.
My time in Rochester certainly went by quickly. What a blessing family and friends are. I had a great time celebrating Christmas with my family. We were ALL together including Grandma Managan from North Carolina. I enjoyed seeing my sister Kim and her husband Jason. I can't wait to meet my little nephew when he arrives in March. I was able to feel him moving and kicking - and can't wait to see pictures when he is born. Ellen and Allison made room for me at the apartment and it was great to be back with them. The string quartet played at Chapel Oaks, my grandparents senior living place and I also got the chance to play with the worship team at church. My mom outdid herself planning, preparing, and cooking for all of us. I enjoyed lots of favorite foods while I was home. Dad took me on a few tours to see the progress in the new worship center at church. It's exciting to see the progress since August and how it's all coming together! I was able to get together with many friends and catch up on what's been happening the past few months. I'm so thankful for friendships that bring me encouragement and those I was able to see! Another highlight of my visit home was getting to meet little Elijah VanHeukelum. He is the sweetest little baby and loved by his big brother and sister.

Spending time together with friends and family, laughing, and playing games were some of my highlights from the trip home. After looking through my pictures I realized that I didn't do a very good job of taking my camera everywhere I went - oops - Allison gets the credit for taking most of these (thanks Al)!
A new year has begun. God has seen me through many changes in 2009. I'm thankful for His faithfulness and strength each step of the way. I look forward to the new adventures that await in 2010. Happy New Year!
We loved having you home! Miss you already. NYE was fun. Interesting to say the least at the restaurant. Hopefully, they have improved their welcoming system :). I was telling John that we forgot pictures - not very smart for a photographer! Im going to go back now and catch up with your trip so far. Andrew is better but Jenna is as sick as a dog! It never ends....have a great day! Talk Soon!
ReplyDelete