Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Program


In preparation for Christmas my class helped put up decorations in the chapel since that's my classroom during the week. It was a group effort to put up the tree last week and decorate it with 8 different opinions flying. :O) My class was also put in charge of building the stable for the Christmas program. We were able to use some branches that someone in the neighborhood had put out for the trash pick up. The stable came together nicely and added a great visual. We hung a green cloth behind the branches to cover up the piano - it was a nice finishing touch.


Friday night the Christmas program went well. There was a large crowd and the kids were excited. One student almost fainted toward the end of the performance. Another student had an upset stomach and threw up during the reception afterwords. Overall, the program went well and seemed to be well received by the parents. The teachers were pleased with the night and glad for the opportunity to have the gospel clearly presented.

Sickness continues to spread through the school. I had another 2 students out sick today. I think I've had almost every student out sick in the last 2 weeks. I'm very thankful that I continue to be healthy. Just 3 and half more days to go! Can't wait to be home with family and friends to celebrate Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are staying healthy! I hope it continues so you can enjoy your time at home. I can't even tell you how excited I am to see you this next week!!! :) The Christmas decorations look great too by the way. I like the manger!

    ReplyDelete