My cousin Katrina and her husband Jorge came to visit me last weekend. Katrina and Jorge are both doing a one year program in Madrid, Spain for their masters. Since they're close we've been talking about meeting up...and this past weekend it finally happened. They arrived Friday morning and we filled the rest of the weekend with lots of fun and new things.
Friday we headed into Cascais to see if we could find bikes for rent that I've been told about. Turns out they are free for the day after you fill out the paperwork! We only had about an hour with the bikes since it was later in the day so I took Katrina and Jorge to Boca do Inferno -- the Mouth of Hell. Overall the weather was beautiful and they sky an amazing blue. We dodged a few raindrops here and there...but on our way back we saw an amazing rainbow in the sky. I tried to get a panoramic of it but was off a little as you can see. I still included it so you can see just how beautiful it was!
Saturday we decided to follow the bike path further in the same direction and enjoy the coast. The weather was great again. A little windy and cloudy but by afternoon the sun came out to stay. We rode for a while along the coast and saw a fort, lighthouses, and beautiful views. At our lunch stop we noticed a boat hanging out in the water by a buoy. There happened to be a sailing race - the Audi Cup. The buoy was one of the marks on the course. We enjoyed seeing about 15-20 different sailboats go right past us. We followed them back into Cascais on our bike ride back.
Sunday I took Jorge and Katrina to Sintra. We got a day bus pass and rode into Sintra. Our first stop was the National Palace - a beautiful building. There are two cone shaped chimneys on the outside. After touring through we realized that the kitchens have the large chimneys to send all the smoke and heat up. We continued on the bus up to the Moorish castle. It was fun to walk along the walls and see the city down below. We finished the day by riding the trian into Lisbon for a quick walk through the touristy area before heading back to Cascais.
I'm so glad that Katrina and Jorge came. It was great to catch up with them and have a mini family reunion! My parents will be the next visitors in just under a month...I can't wait! :O)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























No comments:
Post a Comment