Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Circus - Lisbon - Boca do Inferno


The past 3 days have been filled with lots of exciting outings. First of all Sunday night I was invited to go to the circus. My friends got free tickets and had an extra. The Victor Hugo Circus was in Lisbon. It didn't include lions, tigers and bears but I did see lions, elephants, and horses along with multiple acrobats, a trapeze artist, clowns, and motorcycle daredevils. My favorite act was one of the acrobat groups that did some amazing stunts!


Monday morning I got a phone call telling me that school was canceled because half of our teachers (4 out of 7 full time staff) were sick with the flu. I had to make phone calls to the students on my phone tree list to notify them that school was canceled. My roommate and I decided to do some exploring in downtown Lisbon. We rode the train in and spent a few hours window shopping and taking in the scenery.


Today was a National Holiday and another day off of school. Gina, my roommate took me to see Boca do Inferno which translates to "The Mouth of Hell". It's about a 3 mile walk from our apartment past downtown Cascais along the coast. The water crashes inland and has carved out some caves leaving a cliff of rocks. The water is a beautiful greenish blue color.


Tomorrow is back to school - it was nice to have an extra long weekend. So far I've managed to stay healthy - hoping that continues with all the sickness going around! Pray for the kids and teachers to be healthy for the Christmas program this Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment