Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thankful Thoughts...

I had a nice Thanksgiving even though it didn't work out quite the way I had planned. I really enjoyed having the time off from school to rest my leg and be away from the normal day routine. It was quiet around the apartment, but I know that's what God had planned for me. I enjoyed spending my time reading, watching TV, eating, and of course sleeping!

I am thankful for many things even being in a different place away from family this year. I'm thankful for God, for my family, for friends (new and old), for how God provides, the gift of laughter, encouragement that comes in different ways, enjoying the beautiful sunshine, the gift of music, and for my health. Having to use crutches for the last 10 days made me realize just how much the ability to walk is something that I take for granted. Even though I've experienced so many new things in the last 5 months I know that God has been the one thing that hasn't changed and that gives me stability, confidence, and a rock to depend on.

I'm looking forward to celebrating Christmas with family and friends in Rochester. Two weeks from today I'll be flying home. There's a lot going on at school in the next 2 weeks. Our Christmas program is this coming Friday. The Christmas program is a great opportunity for us to share the Christmas story with unsaved parents. You could be praying for that to impact hearts and lives. There are other end of the year events the following week including the teachers vs. students soccer game. The kids still want me to play in the soccer game on Dec. 15th, I said I'd wait and see how my leg is doing. I've been off crutches for the last 2 days and trying to take it easy. So far so good - my leg is quite the rainbow of colors though (I decided not to put a picture of it up on my blog so I don't gross anyone out). :o) Happy December to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment